.

.
Upcoming Races

tbc


read...

Monday, May 3, 2010

Smelling The Roses

An eventful weekend has just been immortalised. I spent both days with family and friends supposedly celebrating my departure to Europe in 6 days time. They're claiming the festivities were organised because they want to wish me luck, but skepticism also has me believing they are celebrating my imminent absence. Well maybe not, but I know for a fact this is true in Fisher's case :)

Training began on Saturday morning with a ritual heart rate swim, followed by 3hr ride including 45 minTT/15 min run off the bike. Breakfast at 12PM(!) followed, and then it was time to migrate down to the Gold Coast to spend time with Ash. Another run was then added to the tally closely followed by dinner at a Teppanyaki restaurant :) Sunday mornings session was almost identical to last weeks build run, except I did it along the iconic Gold Coast coastline, crossing paths with a few other triathletes like Snowy, strong man Strong and old mate Dane Robinson. With the old chestnut build run out of the way, it was picnic time, with the Currumbin Valley rock pools locale of choice...





Look for the eels!





Upon return to Bristanbul, friends and family alike congregated, feasted and laughed with exclusive accompaniments of naans, curries and cake till late into evening (in athlete terms).Thanks all who attended, and good luck to Jimmy who leaves on Wednesday for Seoul. My departure for Europe will follow this Sunday.


Cheers, Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment